Today, April 9, Mercury turns retrograde in Taurus and it lasts until May 3. Retrograde means that a planet appears to be moving backward relative to our position here on Earth, and doesn’t function at full capacity. When that planet is Mercury, which rules communication, travel, contracts, the conscious mind, it’s smart to lay low. My recommendations for Mercury retro include a playbook of DO NOTS.
- Do not sign contracts. You may regret it later.You may have to revisit the terms of the contract. In the past, we have signed under Mercury retro and regretted it. Things were screwed up from day one.
- Don’t make travel plans. Ironically, we bought our tickets to Cuba during a Merc retro and it worried me. The only thing, though, that got messed up was about pet sitting. Our neighbor didn’t realize she had committed to other events during that time frame, so her daughter watched and took care of our cats. Things worked out fine. Go figure.
- Check and re-check appointments.One snafu: I had to re-schedule a dentist appointment because I caught an airplane bug that persisted for two weeks.
- Be really clear when you communicate with others. The capacity for misunderstandings is rampant during this period.
- Be aware that old friends, lovers, ex-spouses may reappear during this period.
- Revise, review, and reconsider are the buzzwords.
- Pay attention to your dreams, to what’s happening under the surface.
- And take heart. It doesn’t last forever!
- Best advice: revise, review, reconsider.
On Saturday, April 15, I’ll be teaching an astrology workshop in Cassadaga, Florida, from 2-4 p.m. It will be at the Cassadaga Bookstore. Yeah, I know, it’s Mercury retrograde. But this was the only date they had open! Hope you’ll join me!